Thursday, November 3, 2011

#2 The Concrete Introduction


1)

    I thought that The Concrete Introduction was a very valuable piece, it had lots of golden nuggets of advice and it really made me feel like I could make any introduction great using it's guide. The main thing that I took away from this is the idea of writing the introduction after the body, because it just makes sense (except for SAT format essays when you need to plan ahead and use the introduction to shape the rest of your essay because you don't have time to rewrite).

2)
 The best part of the second reading was that it was like a reference sheet. It felt like the perfect thing to clear up any indecision or writers block when it came to the beginning of any piece. Its something I would almost like to keep on hand as its own sheet as apposed to buried in a packet in my folder. The title of the piece was "beginnings and endings" but the endings bit was lopped off, and I think that I would have also liked to read that, especially if it was in the same format.

No comments:

Post a Comment